Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Discrepancies and Administration's Apathy

  1. We wanted to file an FIR, but the Police refused to file an FIR. They just refused to do so point blank period.
  2. Then I approached senior officers in the Police department and also various other well wishers of my family.
  3. After great difficulty, my FIR of kidnapping was registered as late as on 23.08.2009, three days after the occurrence of the incidence. 
  4. Even after registering the FIR , the matter was not taken seriously. Even after passage of 27 days on 16.09.2009, police and Special Task Force was not able to trace any whereabouts of my husband.
  5. The people of the department first thoroughly searched the house of my husband and thereafter informed the local police. 
  6. I also observed a twelve feet long rope, about which nothing was told to me until then, encircled in the rod of the ceiling fan of one in the two rooms of my husband’s house. I wonder why no one had informed me or my family members about the rope until then. I also wonder that when police had visited the house of my husband on 20.08.2009, did not they observe that rope. If at all they had, then why police did not take possession of that rope and why that rope was left as it was. I doubt that the rope was there since beginning and strongly believe that conspirers, after kidnapping my husband, had planted the rope on the fan to divert the attention of the observers and create a scene so that others think as if my husband had committed suicide. Moreover, if at all my husband had committed suicide with the help of that rope, then conspirators have hid the dead body of my husband.
  7. Dog squad was called on the eighth day of incident (on our request), while it came to my knowledge that the process of tracking/investigating with the help of Dog squad is effective only within 24 hours of the occurrence of incidence.
  8. We were regularly told by the local police that pamphlets spreading the news/information about my missing husband were printed and distributed across all the police stations of Uttarakhand and were subsequently affixed at all the public places like Railway Stations and Bus Stands across Uttarakhand but it was a utter lie and far away from the reality, since not even a signal pamphlets had been seen at any public place across the state, at least in the first thirty (30) days of the incidence.
  9. Police later informed me on 27.08.2009 that one Mr. Vinay Gupta of Dehradun had informed them on phone that Mr. Anand Prakash, whose photo he had seen in the newspaper advertisement, had purchased Ayurvedic medicine from his shop in day time on 27.08.2009. However, the vital information was not taken seriously with the reasons best known to them. The information, if true, could have led to find the whereabouts of my husband but Police simply wasted the opportunity with driving nothing concrete out of the information.

1 comment:

  1. Is there any any update? this case must go into a court.

    ReplyDelete

 
www.e-referrer.com